McAfee is one of the best antivirus software providing a sturdy guard against malware, viruses, worms, spyware, adware, and the likes. McAfee is a sought-after software compatible with various kind of devices like Android, iPhones, tablets, laptops, PCs, and is considered among the best antivirus available. Some electronic devices have McAfee pre-installed in them. If you have McAfee installed in your system and are seeking methods to uninstall McAfee Mobile Security on your smartphone or how to uninstall or install McAfee from android or iOS , this article shall help you.
Before disabling McAfee it is important to know that once it is disabled, the application would stop safeguarding your phone and in the process make your phone susceptible to malware and viruses.
Read More: – [Resolved] How do I fix McAfee error code 12152
Read More: – Method to Fix the McAfee Installation Error code 0
Read More: – How to Disable or turn off McAfee Antivirus
How to uninstall McAfee Mobile Security
For Android Devices:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select “Location and Security”
- Choose “Device Administrators”.
- Disable “McAfee Mobile Security”
- Return to Applications.
- Press “Applications Settings”
- Visit “Installed Applications/Manage Applications”
- Pick McAfee Mobile Security
- Tap Options, followed by Uninstall or Remove.
Following these steps shall remove McAfee Mobile Security from your android
How to uninstall McAfee iOS App?
To remove McAfee from your iOS, do as following:
- Tap Settings > General > Profiles and Device Management.
- Navigate to Safe Family MDM Profile, followed by Remove Management.
- The above steps shall ask for a password.
- Tap and hold the McAfee icon on your iPhone.
- Select the “X” button.
- Confirm when it asks for a confirmation.
- Voila, McAfee is removed from your iPhone.
How to install McAfee Mobile Security
In case you wish to re-install McAfee on your smartphone, you could do so by following some simple steps.
- To install McAfee on your Android, you simply have to open Google Play Store.
- Type McAfee Mobile Security.
- Tap Install and once done, open it.
- Agree to the license.
- Click Accept and Start Protection.
- You might be asked for a McAfee login, do enter your details or login using Facebook/Google.
- Wait for the configuration to terminate.
- Visit the Apple Store and search for McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click Get.
- You might be asked to agree to download, agree to it, and wait for the download process to complete.
- Open McAfee Mobile Security.
- Enter your McAfee login details.
- Agree to the license, tap next, and voila, it’s done.
The above procedure installs the McAfee mobile application. In case there is any lurking ambiguity or query, feel free to reach out to McAfee technical support help center.