Avast is a renowned antivirus software providing sturdy protection to your computer and devices against malware and other threats. If you have changed your mind and want to uninstall Avast antivirus, simply follow these steps.
However, it is important to know that once you remove Avast your computer shall be under threat and is susceptible to virus and malware attacks. If you want to reinstall the application you can either do so by visiting the official website of Avast or reaching out to Avast antivirus customer support team.
Method 1: Simple Steps to Uninstall Avast on Windows 10 from Control Panel
If you have made up your mind to uninstall Avast , you can follow the given below manual procedure to uninstall Avast antivirus from windows 10.
- Right-click on the start menu and select Apps and features.
- From the left panel, pick Apps & Features.
- Click Avast and select Uninstall.
- If prompted for confirmation, tap Yes.
- When the Avast setup emerges, press Uninstall.
- Tap yes to confirm it.
- Halt till the time the console is being executed to uninstall the application.
- Once the procedure is executed, restart the system and voila, Avast is removed from your Windows 10.
Method 2: If you wish to remove Avast by using the Avast Uninstall Utility, do as following:
- Download avastclear.exe the utility tool from official website of Avast.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select ‘Run as administrator‘.
- A dialogue box shall appear, select yes.
- You shall be asked to restart the system in the safe mode, do it.
- When the safe mode starts, navigate to the location where the Avast is located.
- Pick Avast Free Antivirus and select Uninstall.
- Once the procedure is done, restart the system.
You want to Install New Antivirus Software
As you uninstalled Avast Antivirus software and now if you want to install other antivirus software. So you can check the list of top 10 antivirus software to prevent your system from viruses and malwares.
We have mentioned 2 methods to uninstall Avast antivirus. If you are unable to uninstall Avast after following these methods, don’t worry feel free to contact Avast technical support to fix all Avast antivirus related issues.
Read Also: How to Renew Avast Antivirus
In A Hurry? Watch This!
Common Queries Related to Uninstall Avast
Dial (806) 304-3832 for solutions To remove Avast from windows 10, you have 2 methods to do so. One way is to download the Avast uninstall utility and follow the steps. Another procedure is by clicking start, opening Apps & Features, selecting Avast console, and uninstalling it.
To resolve this issue,
● Open Avast user interface > Settings > Troubleshooting, and disable the tick mark adjacent to ‘Enable Avast self-defense module’ and tap ‘OK’.
● Open task manager and end instup.exe.
● Now you can remove Avast without any issue.
Open the Avast Security icon in the menu bar, then choose Open Avast Security.
● Tap Go > Applications > Avast.
● Once the window is active, on the left side click Avast, and tap Uninstall Avast Security.
● Tap uninstall, enter your login details, and select Quit.
Avast would be uninstalled from Mac.
Some Avast settings disable the installing process. To revoke it, you can do as follows:
● Open Avast settings
● Tap General
● Remove the tick on the enable deepscreen option
● Click ok.