Avast is a renowned antivirus software providing sturdy protection to your computer and devices against malware and other threats. If you have changed your mind and want to uninstall Avast antivirus, simply follow these steps.
However, it is important to know that once you remove Avast your computer shall be under threat and is susceptible to virus and malware attacks. If you want to reinstall the application you can either do so by visiting the official website of Avast or reaching out to Avast antivirus support team.
Steps to uninstall Avast on Windows
If you have made up your mind to uninstall Avast , you can follow the given below manual procedure. You can also uninstall Avast by using Avast uninstall utility.
- Right-click on the start menu and select Apps and features.
- From the left panel, pick Apps & Features.
- Click Avast and select Uninstall.
- If prompted for confirmation, tap Yes.
- When the Avast setup emerges, press Uninstall.
- Tap yes to confirm it.
- Halt till the time the console is being executed to uninstall the application.
- Once the procedure is executed, restart the system and voila, Avast is removed from your Windows 10.
If you wish to remove Avast by using the Avast Uninstall Utility, do as following:
- Download the utility console.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- A dialogue box shall appear, select yes.
- You shall be asked to restart the system in the safe mode, do it.
- When the safe mode starts, navigate to the location where the Avast is located.
- Pick Avast Free Antivirus and select Uninstall.
- Once the procedure is done, restart the system.
If you are facing any issues or want a resolution to any Avast free antivirus uninstall related problems, feel free to contact the Avast support phone number.
In A Hurry? Watch This!
Common queries related to uninstall Avast