Norton security needs no introduction. It is considered a world-class security console that is instilled with numerous features to provide you with holistic protection. You can use Norton to protect your IP address, safeguard traffic, and disguise your identity while surfing the net. Just like every console is bound to encounter issues, Norton is no different. Users complain of encountering issues while using Norton. If you are facing Norton VPN Not Working, then this blog is here to help you.
How do I Fix Norton Secure VPN if it Stopped Working?
Fix 1: Inspect Your Internet Connection to Fix Norton VPN Not Working
The major issue for Norton VPN Stopped error is the fact of not having a proper network. You can try turning off your router and switching it on again. Also, execute a speed test to check the network strength.
Fix 2: Change Firewall Settings
At times, your firewall settings might hinder the operations of Norton.
- Tap the Win key, enter firewall, and choose Firewall & network protection
- Select Allow an app through the firewall option
- Choose Change settings
- Locate Norton Secure VPN on this list and choose the Private and Public options
This shall change your firewall settings and help you access Norton without issues.
Fix 3: Update Norton
At times, Norton VPN Connecting Problem can emerge due to obsolete version of Norton. Just update your suite to the latest version and this shall fix the issue.
Fix 4: Modify Your DNS Settings
- Tap start and select network settings
- Select Change adapter options
- Right-tap your Internet connection and choose Properties
- Hit the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Then, choose to Use the following DNS server addresses
- Ensure the Preferred DNS server is 184.108.40.206
- Enable the Alternate DNS server to 220.127.116.11
- Tap OK
- Now, you shall be able to use Norton Secure VPN
Fix 5: Use Another Server
At times, the Norton VPN server may be down. In such a situation, try using another server or wait till the server gets operational.
Fix 6: Reinstall the WAN Miniport Drivers
- Right-tap the Start icon and choose Device Manager
- Select Network Adapters
- Choose WAN Miniport (IKEv2) followed by Uninstall device
- Repeat the same for WAN Miniport drivers (IP) and WAN Miniport drivers (IPv6)
- Then, pick the Action window and tap Scan for hardware changes
- Now try accessing Norton Secure VPN again.
In case of any issues, reach out to Norton.Com/Support.
Fix 7: Refresh the Network
To evoke this, do as follows:
- Tap Ctrl + R, enter cmd, hit Ctrl + Shift, and select Enter
- Now, type the following statements:
NETSH winsock reset catalog
NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log
NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log
- Then, reboot the system and see if the Norton VPN Not Working issue is fixed or not.
Fix 8: Examine the Root Certificates of Norton Secure VPN
- Click Start, search for certificates navigate to Manage computer certificates
- Access the personal folder
- Look for SurfEasy
- Now, if you find a lot of these certificates, remove the multiple entries.
- For Trusted Root Certification Authorities and Intermediate Certification Authorities, repeat the above steps.