McAfee is a sought-after antivirus brand across the globe. The phenomenal features of McAfee, the ease of utility, and the robust protection offered by McAfee make it an ideal choice. McAfee is instilled with an auto-renewal feature which takes the load off the shoulders of the customers to fret over renewing it once the subscription ends. This feature also ensures that the system is under continuous protection and it is recommended to enable the auto-renewal feature for constant safeguarding. If you have changed your mind and want to seek an answer to how do I cancel McAfee auto-renewal subscriptions, this article is for you.
Read More: – [Resolved] How do I fix McAfee error code 12152
Read More: – Method to Fix the McAfee Installation Error code 0
Read More: – How to Disable or turn off McAfee Antivirus
How do disable McAfee’s auto-renewal
Note: If you encounter ambiguity in any of the steps, it is recommended to reach out to the antivirus support team.
- Visit home.mcafee.com
- Login to McAfee My Account using your registered email ID and McAfee account password.
- Choose My Account console.
- Pick ‘Auto-renewal settings’
- Open the ‘Uninterrupted protection‘ window. This option shall state whether auto-renewal for McAfee is turned on or not. To disable the auto-renewal for your McAfee product, adjacent to the product there would be an off/on the button. Simply change it from on to off.
- Another window shall appear where you have to choose the turn off the option for auto-renewal.
- Verify your choice by choosing the ‘Yes, turn it off‘ option.
Adopting these steps shall stop McAfee from charging your credit card. If you wish to again renew the auto-renewal feature, simply adopt these steps and in step 5 turn it from off to on. Also, you shall be asked to enter your card details, enter them, and follow the instructions to turn on the auto-renewal feature. In case of any issue, contact McAfee support service- help center.
The McAfee firewall component may block the internet access. To change it, do as follows:
1. Select the Web and Email Protection by double-clicking on McAfee icon.
2. Press the Firewall link.
3. In the Firewall options tab, affirm that the Firewall is on.
4. Choose the Program Permissions drawer.
5. Navigate through the list and find any application settings you chose, especially block settings.
6. Allow outbound access to any program that makes use of network connectivity.
McAfee is a fine antivirus and security software loaded with phenomenal features. It is effective in securing the system against various kinds of malicious software. But it definitely has its short comings as well.