AVG has established itself as a top antivirus software. However, many users complain of AVG update fail error. If you are using an obsolete version of the antivirus, it makes your system susceptible to viruses and malware. So in this blog, we shall provide the solution to mitigate the AVG update failed error.
6 Methods to Fix AVG Update Failed Error on Windows 10
There are certain procedures you can undertake to resolve AVG update failed errors. Given below are detailed steps for the same.
Method 1: Manually Update AVG
- Visit official website on your browser
- Now, choose the version of the AVG and select the location you wish to save it in.
- Then, access the console
- Click on Options situated on the top-right side of the console
- Pick update from directory option
- Now, select the AVG update folder (the place where you stored it in step 2)
- Tap ok and wait till the manual update completes. For any additional help, contact avg.com/support
Method 2: Repair the AVG Anti-Virus
Repairing any application is not available readily. However, the AVG update that failed to install on your system can be mitigated with this. Access My Computer and there, locate the Uninstall or Change program. Open it to witness all the applications. Select AVG, and choose the Repair option. If not, pick the Uninstall icon. The AVG uninstallation dialog box will appear. There, spot the uninstall option to repair it.
Method 3: Inspect for Malware
The AVG update fail can be a result of malware infection. Once your system is infected with malware, you might not be able to update it. So to ensure that is not the case, install a good quality malware, run it in your system and remove any infected files.
Method 4: Disable the Firewall
At times, the firewall may obstruct your antivirus update. To resolve this, access the control panel in your system and navigate to system and security. Switch off the firewall there and see if that lets you update your AVG successfully.
Method 5: Remove Temporary Update Files
- In your AVG, select Advanced window
- Tap the + icon and select Manage
- There, you can find Delete temporary update files alternative
- Tap on that and now see if you are able to update your AVG antivirus.
Deleting temporary files is a great fix for this issue. However, if you are still facing this issue Dial: (806) 652-0222 AVG helpline number to get help.
Method 6: Reinstall AVG
- Access the run command prompt in your system and enter appwiz.cpl to open the control panel
- Choose the AVG suite and click uninstall
- Tap yes to confirm and reboot your system
- You can also install the AVG remover application to remove any remnants of the file
- After the procedure is complete, install the latest version of the AVG antivirus
This is the last retort to your AVG update failed issue. If the above methods like reinstalling, repair, or manual update procedures don’t work, you can try out this. However, if you need any further assistance or are still facing any issues, feel free to reach out to AVG customer support for instant help.
We hope you found this article useful.