McAfee is a globally renowned brand, popular for its security solutions for mobiles, tabs, and PCs. Although it is a sturdy shield against malicious software yet it tries to install itself without prior knowledge of the user. This feature McAfee might compel the user to disable or turn it off temporarily. This blog provides a step by step method to how to turn off McAfee endpoint security for Windows as well as how to disable or turn off McAfee antivirus on Mac. Before you implement this process, it is imperative to know that stopping McAfee anti-virus services will make the system vulnerable. To know more about the lurking dangers and what to do reach out to us on our McAfee tech help.
Read More: – Method to Fix the McAfee Installation Error code 0
How to Disable Or Turn Off McAfee Antivirus On Windows:
- Press Start, in the search box type “McAfee” and select McAfee ® Total Protection.
- Navigate to the PC security tab.
- Select Real-time scanning, present on the left side.
- Click the turn-off option after mentioning the time-period (till when you want to disable it), present on the top right corner.
- Exit the window and visit the Firewall tab.
- Tap the Switch-off option.
- However, if your Firewall tab is blank, it means the option is disabled.
- Next, visit the Automatic Updates segment, present below firewall setting, and turn it off.
- Now select Scheduled scan and turn it off as well.
If the above method fails, another way is to uninstall the McAfee software.
How to Disable or Turn off McAfee Antivirus on Mac
- Press the McAfee button present on the menu bar in Mac.
- If the icon isn’t visible, click on the magnifying glass icon and type McAfee.
- Visit the Home tab.
- Select the Gear icon, present in the top-right corner on the Home tab.
- Tap Real-time scanning, a window shall appear.
- To disable real-time scanning, press the button on the door, type the administrator password, click Ok, and close the window.
- Tap the gear icon again, select firewall. To disable the firewall for McAfee, follow the steps required to disable real-time scanning. This shall disable it.
- Choose the gear icon again and select McAfee Web Advisor.
- Select toggle in the top-right corner. This disables the SiteAdvisor. Feed-in your password and click the lock icon.
- Thereafter, the window shall lose and McAfee would be disabled.
The above procedure helps stop McAfee Services and even stops McAfee pop-ups. If the above steps were efficacious and you require expert guidance dial Antivirus support number for McAfee technical support number.