McAfee is a world-renowned antivirus suite providing robust protection against viruses and other malware threats. However, while using it a lot of Windows 11 customers complain about incurring issues. These problems could range from installation issues to update issues; no matter what type of issue you encounter we are here to help you. Our blog shall provide viable solutions that are compiled by experts.
Common McAfee Antivirus Not Working Issues With Windows 11
Given below are some of the most prevalent problems that McAfee users may face that hampers their utility.
● The real-time scanning component gets impaired automatically.
● A prevailing malware or virus on your device may obstruct the functioning of McAfee Antivirus.
● When you update your OS, some important files may get wiped off, causing troubles.
● An unlicensed edition of the software may cause troubles
● If your system has another antivirus, it may impede the working of McAfee
● Using archaic versions of McAfee
● Issue incurred while updating McAfee
● Error codes like Error: 12152, Invalid Package, Incomplete Installation, etc.
● The subscription expires without prior notice.
What To Do When McAfee Software Fails To Open?
At times double tapping on the icon may not function, so to evade this issue, you can:
● Save whatever you are doing on your system and restart it
● Malware might be the reason behind this problem, so detect them using McAfee and remove them
● If nothing works, try reinstalling the console
What To Do When McAfee Antivirus Won’t Install On Windows 11?
In such a scenario, you can do as follows:
● Use a different browser for the installation
● Mitigate issues with DNS
● Verify your network strength
● You can also try restarting the router
● Remove DNS cache
● Attempt installing the software in safe mode
How to fix McAfee Antivirus Scan Is Not Working?
Depending on the fact whether a quick scan or real-time scan isn’t working, you can adopt any of the procedures.
McAfee Quick Scan Not Working
● Try restarting your system and check if the issue is resolved
● Evoke the Access Protection if rebooting was not helpful
● Start McAfee
● Navigate to general settings
● Tap access protection and enable access protection
● Click apply and restart your computer
McAfee Real-Time Scanning Not Working
● Ensure you have updated McAfee to its latest variant
● Utilize McAfee Virtual Technician feature to mitigate this issue
● Execute mvt.exe file. and install it
● Let the tool scan for issues and once it does, tap AutoFix
● If this doesn’t work, the recommended solution is to reach out to the antivirus support team
How to fix McAfee Antivirus Not Updating?
The procedure to fix this issue is as follows:
● Verify your signal strength and restart the update process
● Use the McAfee Diagnose Repair Tool to automatically detect problems and fix them
● If the tool isn’t helpful, try reinstalling McAfee
How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus On Windows 11?
The viable procedure for this is as follows:
● Open control panel
● Select uninstall a program
● Choose McAfee and tap uninstall
● Execute the screen commands to finish this procedure
● Tap yes to confirm