Malwarebytes is a potent software that helps shield the computer against various malware like spyware, adware, worms, or viruses. Though it is a beneficial program, chances are you might be seeking to replace it. If you planning to make a switch and are wondering how to stop Malwarebytes from startup, then this article will answer your question. Even when Malwarebytes is having a lot of issues, it is suggested to remove it. Also at times, even though you have not listed Malwarebytes in the startup, yet its popping up can be infuriating. This article will help provide insights about how to stop Malwarebytes from running on startup in Mac as well as Windows.
Reasons for issue in Malwarebytes
Many issues incurred by users in Malwarebytes can stem from the following reasons:
- Malwarebytes Trial has expired
- The version of Malwarebytes is obsolete
- Conflicts arising due to other security software
- The files are corrupted
- The version has become redundant
- Malwarebytes not opening
- Inability to connect Malwarebytes to the server
How to Fix Malwarebytes from start-up
To remove those annoying pop-ups and stop Malwarebytes from running in the background, it is advisable to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Locate the Start button on the lower-left corner and right-click on it.
- In the menu box, left-click on Task Manager
- In the Task Manager window, left-click on the Startup Tab.
- In the list find Malwarebytes Tray Application and right-click on it.
- In the menu that sprouts, left-click on Disable.
- Restart the laptop or PC.
- Start > In the search box type msconfig > Press Enter.
- Tap on the Startup Tab. In this window, all the programs that are running automatically would be displayed.
- Uncheck Malwarebytes on this list. This would prevent the Malwarebytes software from running when the system is turned on.
- Press Apply and select Ok to close the system configuration utility tab.
What can be the reasons for removing the Malwarebytes issues on startup?
The Malwarebytes scan at startup acts as a safeguard for the system against any unforeseen threats. Although Malwarebytes is a sturdy software, if the PC happens to have another security software, it would result in a conflict between both the software. Its consequence is that the security of the system would dwindle.
I hope the article helped resolve your doubts. If any doubts or issues persist, do not hesitate to contact our Antivirus Support team. We are ready to assist 24×7.