Step 1 - Verify the System requirements
To install and make use of the Bitdefender software on your system, the following requirements should be met.
- Operating System - Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1
- Hard disk space - 2 GB
- Processor - 2 GHz
- Memory (RAM) - 1 GB (Windows XP) or 1.5 GB (Windows Vista, 7, and 8
Step 2 - Meeting the Software requirements
To benefit from all the features of the Bitdefender suite, your system must adhere to the following software requirements.
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 14 or higher
- Chrome 20 or higher
- Skype 6.3 or higher
- Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010/2013
- Mozilla Thunderbird 14 or higher
Step 3 - Uninstall other security programs
Ensure you remove other security programs from your system as it might hinder the working of Bitdefender. To remove any such incompatible programs, you can use the uninstaller tool.
Step 4- Re-install the Bitdefender program
- Tap the Win and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and click OK to access the Programs and Features window.
- Locate the Bitdefender program, choose it, and select the Uninstall option.
- Click the Reinstall option and halt until the console gets uninstalled from the computer.
- Once you restart your PC, the Bitdefender suite shall be downloaded on it.
- After downloading it, select the Install option.
- Choose the Start Using Bitdefender option and confirm if the issue is resolved or not.
- In case, the issue continues, move to the next step.
Step 5 - Repair the Bitdefender program
- In the Run dialog box, type appwiz.cpl in the search field.
- Choose the Bitdefender program and hit Uninstall.
- Once the ‘Please choose an operation’ window opens, click on the Repair option.
- After you are done with this procedure, restart the system.
Step 6- Install Bitdefender in Clean boot mode.
- Access the computer as an administrator.
- Ensure all your crucial files are saved and then close all operating programs.
- Tap the Windows icon and enter msconfig.
- Navigate to “System Configuration” in the next tab.
- In the Services tab, select “Hide all Microsoft services” and then select “Disable all”.
- Thereafter, access the Task Manager from the Startup window.
- In the Startup option of the Task Manager, choose every item and tap Disable.
- End Task Manager.
- In the System Configuration dialogue box, hit OK.
- Restart the computer.
- Install Bitdefender on your system after the clean boot and then execute it.